Swimming

Whitney went swimming for the first time today.  Well ok, her first three times were actually earlier this summer but I am not going to count them because she was not a fan.  It cannot be the temperature of the water that she doesn't like because we tried when it was cool, warm and warmer perhaps it is the size of my parents pool.  I guess I can see where a large open space filled with shiny wavy liquid wouldn't look exciting to a wee one!  She would not even let us dip her toes in!!!

So I invested $4.99 into a blow up baby whale pool in hopes that she would take to the small amount of water and bright colors.  I filled it with hose water which was a little on the cool side and in hindsight I probably should have done what my mom did for me; which was to fill up the baby pool, pitcher by pitcher,of warm water from the tap.  Spoiled child, yes indeed and for that I thank you mom:)

Whit loved every second of her swim and even splashed around a bit.  She enjoyed it that is until she scooted forward and ended up getting her chest and chin wet....then her fun was over!!  At least we got to spend 10 minutes in the pool, that is better than the 10 seconds on her previous attempts!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

first word

tooth or a ham?

Fantasy Football