Our week at Chesterwood

Whitney and I spent our early afternoon's at Chesterwood with my Grandma and Grandpa!  Whitney sure brought joy to everyone, even people passing by our room stopped to talk with her. My Grandma loved being with Whitney and smiled the whole time she was in the room.  It was fun showing up everyday and bringing that joy to her as I am sure its not exactly fun being in pain and staying in one room all day!  My Grandma is doing well and is really doing a great job walking with her walker, she should be coming home next week!!

While we were there on Tuesday, Uncle Caleb came down and Whitney didn't cry once!!!  She loved trying to mimic what he was doing with his facial expressions!


One day it was just Granny, Gramps, Whitney and me in the room, Whitney was calm and happy and let both Granny and Gramps hold her.  You can imagine their delight in this:)



Whitney got to meet her second cousin Nichole on Wednesday.  She was very happy to see her and liked looking at her earrings!  Whitney allowed Nichole to hold her and even walk down the hall with her in her arms!!  She must be the baby charmer or something....I think I will keep that in mind:)


On Thursday it was so nice out that Gramps and I decided to take Granny out for a stroll in the wheel chair.  She protested and wanted to walk but once we got out there I think she was happy about the decision because we went around the whole building!  The four of us walked down to the pond and looked at the fish and ducks swimming around and enjoyed a few rest stops along the way in the shade. Whitney kept looking at GG and thought it was great to see someone else at her level.  She talked and giggled the whole way!  On the way out that same day GG decided to show us how well she could walk and took us to the front door with her walker, Whitney thought it was the coolest thing and could not take her eyes off .  She sure is observant now!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

first word

tooth or a ham?

Fantasy Football