6 month check-up

Whitney had her 6 month check up today and I just have to say that I love Dr. Zimmerly.  She is the most caring doctor and it is obvious that she loves kids, it makes our appointments so much better!!  In fact the whole staff is wonderful, I am so happy with our choice...thank you Jenny Bishop for the recommendation!

Whitney is 16.9 lbs (50th percentile) and is 27.5 inches long (90th percentile)!  She now eats 6 different vegetables and we are going to introduce fruits, along with cheerios as finger food, and pureed chicken!  This is so exciting!  It is fun to watch her try  new things and make the "mmmm" sound after every bite:)  I am thankful for my time off of work because I know that I wouldn't have tried making my own baby food if I would have gone back right away.

Poor thing got two shots but she was already crying and fussy  before the nurse even came in the room.  I gave her Tylenol before her appointment because I learned my lesson last time...this girl gets fussy in a hurry after those shots!!  Whitney will stay on her acid reflux medicine until her 9 month check up.  We tried not taking her medicine (by accident one day...) and it was not pretty.  Hopefully by 9 months she will be able to tolerate every other day and then we can go off of it completely!


Here is Whitney is the waiting room!  She was happy and smiling at everyone passing by.


And here is Whitney waiting on the nurse to bring in her shots.  The poor nurse didn't have a prayer.  That's what happens when the appointment runs over and nap time is pushed back :(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

first word

tooth or a ham?

Fantasy Football