We survived
I used the word "we" because I was sure the formula experience was going to be traumatic for both of us. After much debating, and to those of who had to hear me talk about it day after day I am sorry, Ryan and I decided to start supplementing with formula. Although I am just teaching the afternoon session, starting school has me all up in arms! I am already looking at our routines and trying to work out any kinks before the big day arrives. Perhaps it would have been fine but in my opinion pumping at school and trying to keep track of all of that makes my stomach hurt and its still three weeks away.
By feeding Whitney formula two times a day it will allow me to work without having to pump and worry about storing and so on. Now that the decision is made I feel pretty good about it and know for sure it will make things easier once school starts. However getting to this point was not easy, just ask my poor husband. Now that I am over the guilt issue and worry of which formula to use the knots in my stomach have disappeared.
Whitney did not have the best of days today (**She is almost seven months old and I think her first tooth is finally coming in. She has been inconsolable today and cried the entire trip to target to pick up some baby orajel.) and I thought of this as I was preparing her first bottle of similac. Maybe waiting until another day when she is happy would be a better time to try something new....so much for that -- my mind was set and we had to try it out today --
Although I swear she was trying to tell me something with her big open teary eyes during the feeding she took all four ounces without a fuss. Lets hope she does the same tomorrow!!
Here is Whitney (with her new hair bow) after we got back from the store. She was sniffling as I prepared her bottle, thus the reason for the red marks on her face :( Funny that even when her nose is running and she has been crying/whining for 30 minutes straight, my cutie pie still busts our a smile for the camera!
By feeding Whitney formula two times a day it will allow me to work without having to pump and worry about storing and so on. Now that the decision is made I feel pretty good about it and know for sure it will make things easier once school starts. However getting to this point was not easy, just ask my poor husband. Now that I am over the guilt issue and worry of which formula to use the knots in my stomach have disappeared.
Whitney did not have the best of days today (**She is almost seven months old and I think her first tooth is finally coming in. She has been inconsolable today and cried the entire trip to target to pick up some baby orajel.) and I thought of this as I was preparing her first bottle of similac. Maybe waiting until another day when she is happy would be a better time to try something new....so much for that -- my mind was set and we had to try it out today --
Although I swear she was trying to tell me something with her big open teary eyes during the feeding she took all four ounces without a fuss. Lets hope she does the same tomorrow!!
Here is Whitney (with her new hair bow) after we got back from the store. She was sniffling as I prepared her bottle, thus the reason for the red marks on her face :( Funny that even when her nose is running and she has been crying/whining for 30 minutes straight, my cutie pie still busts our a smile for the camera!

Comments
Post a Comment