Fun Filled Weekend
Not only did Whitney turn 5 months old this Saturday but she also met some new friends and family members, but most importantly Whitney was baptized on Sunday at The Community of The Good Shepherd.
Thursday afternoon Whitney and I went to visit the Bishop family for a lunch play date! Emma and Caroline were both in my kindergarten class and their mom, Jenny, painted the amazing mural in Whitney's room. Over the years we have become friends and they could not wait to meet Whitney. Although she refused to be held by anyone other than me, the girls were able to capture her attention immediately. It was as if she was watching a tennis match because her head was going from side to side taking in both girls. I must say that when I have trouble with Whitney in the future I will call the girls to rub her head like they did that day, Whitney fell asleep so quickly while they both rubbed her soft little head!! Can we say babysitters in the making?
On Friday Whitney, Grandma and I went to Western Row Elementary to serve lunch to the ESL summer school kids. This is something we have done for the past several years and just enjoy the kids so much. They are so appreciative and happy to have anything we bring! Whitney enjoyed watching the kids file in to get their food and received many compliments as the lunch period wore on. Hopefully one day she will be able to serve right along side her Grandma, Grandpa and me!
Saturday was her big day when she turned 5 months old! It is amazing how quickly the time has gone and how many milestones she has already accomplished. In the evening we ventured out to my cousins high school graduation party where Whitney squealed, sometimes happily other times not so much, but none the less it was fun to be with family!
We held a party at our house after Whitney's baptism on Sunday for our family members. Aunt Kelley and Uncle Jay were so proud to stand up there as her Godparents as she was welcomed into God's Family. Whitney did so well during the ceremony and surprisingly didn't cry once -- maybe that's because I was holding her!! Ryan and I are so thankful for the support of our family and look forward to bringing Whitney up in the church just as the two of us were!
Thursday afternoon Whitney and I went to visit the Bishop family for a lunch play date! Emma and Caroline were both in my kindergarten class and their mom, Jenny, painted the amazing mural in Whitney's room. Over the years we have become friends and they could not wait to meet Whitney. Although she refused to be held by anyone other than me, the girls were able to capture her attention immediately. It was as if she was watching a tennis match because her head was going from side to side taking in both girls. I must say that when I have trouble with Whitney in the future I will call the girls to rub her head like they did that day, Whitney fell asleep so quickly while they both rubbed her soft little head!! Can we say babysitters in the making?
On Friday Whitney, Grandma and I went to Western Row Elementary to serve lunch to the ESL summer school kids. This is something we have done for the past several years and just enjoy the kids so much. They are so appreciative and happy to have anything we bring! Whitney enjoyed watching the kids file in to get their food and received many compliments as the lunch period wore on. Hopefully one day she will be able to serve right along side her Grandma, Grandpa and me!
Saturday was her big day when she turned 5 months old! It is amazing how quickly the time has gone and how many milestones she has already accomplished. In the evening we ventured out to my cousins high school graduation party where Whitney squealed, sometimes happily other times not so much, but none the less it was fun to be with family!
We held a party at our house after Whitney's baptism on Sunday for our family members. Aunt Kelley and Uncle Jay were so proud to stand up there as her Godparents as she was welcomed into God's Family. Whitney did so well during the ceremony and surprisingly didn't cry once -- maybe that's because I was holding her!! Ryan and I are so thankful for the support of our family and look forward to bringing Whitney up in the church just as the two of us were!


Comments
Post a Comment