Caleb's Surprise Party and Father's Day

As it always seems to be, we had another busy weekend in the Skeldon household.  Starting Saturday with Caleb's Surprise Birthday Party!  Megan did such a wonderful job keeping it a secret and organizing all of the details by herself, I know I certainly could not have composed myself that well and proved it several times last week when I needed to call Caleb but didn't for fear that I might spill the beans:)  Needless to say poor Ryan will most likely never be given a surprise party from his wife...ha ha!  

Although Whitney was tired and in a room with about 20 people, she did a great job.  She smiled and sat on several people's laps but inevitably cried when Uncle Caleb picked her up!  She also screamed when Uncle Caleb walked into the house but I think that was more from everyone yelling "SURPRISE" than the site of her uncle.  Perhaps one day the two of them will be buddies but for now poor Uncle Caleb brings on those crocodile tears :(.  

Anyway, the party was a success and the rain even held off for most, if not all of the party!  Here are a few pictures of the eventful day!








On Sunday we started the day off at Grandma and Grandpa Sims house to visit for Fathers day.  Whitney seem to like the quiet environment and even let other people hold her!  Ryan was made to feel special on his very first Father's Day along with Bret who is an old pro but still enjoys the loving attention nonetheless.  






We then headed out to the Skeldon's house for a cookout and quality family time.  It was nice having everyone together and believe it or not Whitney slept for almost 3 hours.  I don't know how she did it with all of the noise downstairs, she must have been very sleepy!!




It was a wonderful weekend spent with family and we are sad to see it end.  We are lucky in that our immediate family members live so close and we all get along so well.  It makes for wonderful times together and even better memories that last a lifetime.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

first word

tooth or a ham?

Fantasy Football