Summer Adventures

Although I do not love the extreme heat we are experiencing right now, I do love the summer and all of the fun things we get to do with each other outdoors.

We've had many picnics outside with friends and family and when it was particularly nice outside we went with Gammy, JJ, Caroline, Matthew and Aunt Elaine to Weller Park.  I love being able to eat outside, its a nice change of scenery and a chance for the kiddos to run off some of the energy too!

We've been swimming in the baby pool in our backyard, our neighborhood pool as well as my parents new neighbors pool.  Meredith doesn't like it too much but we try to occupy her and pass her around so she doesn't get too bored!

Whit has had the pleasure of going fishing with Mamaw and Papaw twice and I think altogether she has caught 9 fish!!!  She loves it!!  She reels the fish in with ease and after Papaw helps her take the hook out she holds the fish and carefully puts it back into the water.  I am so happy that she gets to experience this fun time with them because these are memories that will last a life time.  Papaw even went as far as to order her a personalized fishing trophy and medal for a job well done.  She shows it to everyone that comes over and feels very special!

Over this past weekend we went as a family down to the City Flea.  I have never been but I am sure glad we went.  It was a lot of fun and there was so much to see!  We purchased a few things and the girls loved playing in the fountains but the best part was seeing all of the interesting stuff people had for sale.  Definitely worth a trip if you haven't been yourself.

And just this week we went to the Kings Island Water Park.  Although it was a tough trip for many reasons... one being that I mistakenly left Meredith's bathing suit bottoms at home along with her swim diaper, Whit still had a great time and it was nice to be in the cool water on such a hot day!












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

first word

tooth or a ham?

Fantasy Football