Mother's Day Fiesta

Friday was the Mother's Day Fiesta at Whitney's preschool and I was super excited.  Being a kindergarten teacher, I made crafts with the kids to bring home to their moms but never participated in a special program like this!  She kept telling me she had secrets and couldn't wait to share.

When she walked in it was priceless to see her face (all of the kids did the same precious thing) light up when she spotted me!

They came in and situated themselves in front of their moms and began to sing right away.  The first song was a Spanish one called Buenos Dias, which she was been practicing at home for awhile now!  Then they sang, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Skinna Marinky Dinky Dink, and danced to a fiesta song with their maracas.  I wondered what Whitney would be like because there are some kids that belt out songs at home but when they get in a crowd, they shut down.  NOPE not Whit.  I should have known because she was so goofy and into at dance class :))  She knew every word and sang proudly!

After the songs they presented us with our card and gift.  The students made a key chain for their moms with a cute card.  She was so proud because it really is the first time she made something for me without me knowing it and you could just tell it made her feel like a million bucks.

The next part was of course Whit's favorite part....eating!  The teachers provided brownies, fruit and punch.  (whit said the punch was super spicy..haha had pop in it!!!)

It was such a special day, I know I will remember it forever!!!!

**Oh and a preschool update while we are at it.  Whit LOVES preschool but gets very very nervous before going.  Doesn't help that it is only one day a week and she has been off school more then she has gone it seems like....  Most weeks she cries for hours before we go and even sometimes starts getting upset the night before.  She has had her arms pried off of me and has been hysterical most Fridays.  The only way to calm her down is for her to know that I am there. She eventually calms down and enjoys her day but only after a huge meltdown. As of now I am still "reading" at school in a different room so that she feels safe.  I stayed at school for several weeks and finally started leaving.  I tell her I ran a quick errand when she was in there but she thinks I am staying to read the entire time..which breaks my heart.  I hate to tell a lie but there is ABSOLUTELY no way that she would go to school without thinking I am there right now.  

BUT this past time I thought she was going to be a mess like all the other times but she did GREAT!!!  She said over and over that she was nervous and that her belly hurt but when we got in her room she held back her tears and kissed me goodbye without a scene.  Her teachers said she did great and I was so so happy!!  This is the first time EVER that she didn't cry at school!! YAY!!!  Only bad thing is that her last day of school is next week hahaha, just as she is getting used to it, school ends!

Oh well, I wanted her to learn to love school and know that it is a fun place before her world gets turned upside down this summer and I think we accomplished that!






Videos of her songs for the Fiesta:





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

first word

tooth or a ham?

Fantasy Football