Summer Adventures
The summer FLEW by. I thought I had fast summers when I was teacher but shew wee this summer just went by in the blink of an eye. We had such a great time together, Whitney and I, and really made sure to pack things in during the month of August before it started getting cool.... (who am I kidding tho, its the middle of September and its scorching hot out there:))))
I finally found out what has been making me allergic to the sun after three years of suffering and completely cut out sugar from my diet. After doing that, almost immediately, I could be in the sun with no itchy side effects, lost my acid reflux and could drink alcohol again without the same itchy problems. Amazing right:)))
So that being said, Whitney and I took full advantage of the fact that I could actually swim with her and went to the pool almost everyday for the last two weeks of the unofficial summer.
We also went as a family to the reds game and had a blast!!! Her favorite part, of course was running the bases over and over again. She loves looking for the dressed up characters (Mr. Red, Rosie Red, and Gapper) only to hide her eyes and shake until they leave hahaha!!!
During the last few nice weather weeks, we also went on many treasure hunts, found rocks to paint and many cool leaves that we made into a collage.
Daddy even had a turn at painting Whit's toenails and let me tell you they were perfect, even better then I do sometimes!!! I think he has found a new calling!
The end of the summer was when Mamaw, Papaw and Kelley traveled to Colorado to visit Caleb and Meg, so naturally any airplane that flew by was one of them and she just KNEW they were saying hello right back to her:) (this is the picture below where she is waving above her head .... to an airplane in the sky....)
And lastly we had many adventures with fountains. She has loved finding them and throwing in pennies to make wishes. We just crack up because she will act all serious like she is thinking of the perfect wish and then say, "I wish for rocks." or "I wish for a tree." Basically looking all around her wishing for things that are in her sight.
So very thankful to have had such a great summer with this little girl.
Here is a link to the video of Whitney running the bases at the reds game! http://youtu.be/Bg3m99PN0-0
Comments
Post a Comment