Pumpkin Painting and Scavenger Hunts
Sometimes it is a challenge to keep things new and exciting around here -- especially since we are home 24/7. I try to go out several mornings a week to fun places or to meet friends; and in the afternoons, or the mornings we do stay home, I try to have fun activities to fill our time.
Yes, the fact that I was a teacher helps with this...but then you have to take into account money, resources and patience hahaha:). Pinterest is by best friend, I use it often!!! There are some great ideas out there but even some of those are so time consuming and if you don't have the right materials at home, can become quite costly.
And to be honest, some of the activities I choose Whitney does not like at all. I used to feel sorry for the parents that would come to me when I was teaching to say that their child "refuses to learn at home".... I TOTALLY get it. No matter how much fun I make things she still refuses sometimes. And you can forget about writing or holding the pencil the correct way -- its like I have two heads when I suggest such a crazy thing!!! :)
Soooo anyway, you get the point, its hard to be creative but I try my very best. And even when she does refuse my well thought out plans, I love every second of it. I just hope that the activities she chooses to partake in help her to learn and grow!!!
One of her very favorite things to do is going on scavenger hunts. We look for various things but this week has been pine cones. She loves taking her stroller, of course she has to bring a baby doll along, and filling the bottom of it up with goodies. We plan to make bird feeders and a pine cone family out of the ones that we found!
Whitney and I were both sick this week and I needed some downtime activities for us because even when she is sick she doesn't stop. I needed some time to sit down, even if it was twenty minutes!
We decorated a box for her dolls to sleep in, painted pumpkins, and cut out foam shapes to play with in the bathtub.
:)
Comments
Post a Comment