Picking Blueberries

Blooms and Berries is a farm near our house that we go to each year to pick pumpkins.  From their facebook page I get updates about what is happening on their farm.  Each week they will post something about opening up their fields for strawberry picking and most recently for blueberries.  But they limit it, they will say, "the first fifty people to comment on this post will be allowed in our fields."

I think I must have tried five times for the strawberries and probably two for the blueberries and always ended up being after the allotted fifty people.  This last time though I caught it early and was number 20!!!  I was so very excited because we have seen the Calliou episodes where he picks strawberries and blueberries and she mentions how much she would like to do it.  

And you know what, the weather even cooperated.  If you know me well, you know I cannot be in the sun and also do not do well in the heat so I was happy to see that it was a cooler cloudy morning.

We grabbed our bucket and waited for the tractor to come pick us up.   Whitney was so excited, she was literally bouncing while we waited!!  The tractor ride was very bumpy due to the rain and muddy conditions but she didnt seem to mind.

We get out into the fields and the blueberries are BEAUTIFUL.   I have never seen a blueberry field before and the colors were so bright.  They also fell right off into your hands.  Whitney seemed really into it, picking only the bright blue ones, but only picked like 8 blueberries before she declared....."I wanna go home."  ha!!

I ended up picking about two lbs of blueberries, with some of her help haha and really had a great time.  I will certainly be doing this again.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

first word

tooth or a ham?

Fantasy Football