Balloon Glow

Looking back I can understand that the words Balloon Glow mean only that the balloons will glow.  However when I heard about the Coney Island Balloon Glow, I expected to see the balloons fill up, take off and light up the sky.  Which I was really, really excited about and in turn made Whitney really really excited too.  Being the teacher I am, I got books about the hot air balloons, we looked at pictures online and even watched some videos on YouTube so she could see what we were going to experience.....

Ryan, Whitney, Mamaw and I sat for about 45 minutes watching each balloon fill with HOT air (yes we were sweating) and waiting anxiously for them to take off.  They said it was supposed to happen at 8:00; it was 8:30 when I finally went up to one of the balloon guys and asked when they were going to go up in the sky.  He gave me a funny look and told me that none of them were going up tonight, they were just going to light up the sky from the ground..........

HA!!  I am not discounting the time we had because it was fun and Whitney LOVED every second of it, but I can pretty much guarantee I would not have driven 45 mins and kept Whit up past her bedtime to watch balloons fill with air and heat us up with the fire (that's how close we were....you could actually feel the heat!!!!

Lesson learned huh :)






























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

first word

tooth or a ham?

Fantasy Football