Fourth of July
Rain, rain go away......
It wasn't the type of weather you wish for on the fourth of July but we made the most of it.
Ryan was really doubting my instincts when we were driving to the Montgomery Parade around 9:30 in a down pour. I have to admit I was thinking I was a little crazy too but of course never told him that!!!
I have never missed a parade and didn't plan on letting Whitney miss one either. I have such fond memories of the Sharonville parade with Mr. Spoons :) and wanted so much to keep that going with our family.
My mom, Kelley and Bret joined us and Im sure they were doubting me as well but it honestly didn't turn out that badly. We got a parking spot in a lot literally right next to the street, so we stayed covered until the parade started and then brought our umbrellas out with us.
Uncle Jay, Aunt Elaine, JJ and Caroline joined us too. It was fun and although most of the candy was soaked and we were all a little wet at the end, it was still an exciting event and I wouldn't have wanted to stay home and miss it.
Later that evening, still with it raining cats and dogs, we had a dinner at my parents house and played the Wii. Something I would picture us doing, having a crockpot meal and playing video games in the summer (hello these people are pool people through and through haha) but we thoroughly enjoyed it:) Papaw even took Whit outside to light some of the snakes on fire. She liked it a lot, espcially since they didnt make any noises.
She has been TERRIFIED of the fireworks. She hears them and honestly takes cover, shivering with her eyes closed and ear plugged. We stood outside one night and thought she would love to see the pretty colors but her face turned white, she held onto Ryan as hard as she could and begged us to go inside. Maybe next year .... :)


It wasn't the type of weather you wish for on the fourth of July but we made the most of it.
Ryan was really doubting my instincts when we were driving to the Montgomery Parade around 9:30 in a down pour. I have to admit I was thinking I was a little crazy too but of course never told him that!!!
I have never missed a parade and didn't plan on letting Whitney miss one either. I have such fond memories of the Sharonville parade with Mr. Spoons :) and wanted so much to keep that going with our family.
My mom, Kelley and Bret joined us and Im sure they were doubting me as well but it honestly didn't turn out that badly. We got a parking spot in a lot literally right next to the street, so we stayed covered until the parade started and then brought our umbrellas out with us.
Uncle Jay, Aunt Elaine, JJ and Caroline joined us too. It was fun and although most of the candy was soaked and we were all a little wet at the end, it was still an exciting event and I wouldn't have wanted to stay home and miss it.
Later that evening, still with it raining cats and dogs, we had a dinner at my parents house and played the Wii. Something I would picture us doing, having a crockpot meal and playing video games in the summer (hello these people are pool people through and through haha) but we thoroughly enjoyed it:) Papaw even took Whit outside to light some of the snakes on fire. She liked it a lot, espcially since they didnt make any noises.
She has been TERRIFIED of the fireworks. She hears them and honestly takes cover, shivering with her eyes closed and ear plugged. We stood outside one night and thought she would love to see the pretty colors but her face turned white, she held onto Ryan as hard as she could and begged us to go inside. Maybe next year .... :)
Comments
Post a Comment