Missing Gramps

Two years to the day after my Grandma passed away, my Grandpa went up to join her in heaven.  It was very unexpected as he was fine one day and gone the next.  We think it was an infection that started in his teeth that spread to his heart but are thankful he passed away peacefully.  He loved to smoke and when my mom came into the house to take him to a doctor appointment, he was sitting on the couch with his jacket over his knee and a cigarette behind his ear (showing he was ready to go out in the garage to smoke his cigarette.  She thought he was sleeping at first because he looked so peaceful and that makes us all happy to think that he was going about his normal routine and that he didn't suffer. In fact later that week we found the daily devotion book he was reading and it had the bookmark right on the page for November 30, showing that in the morning on the day he passed away, he read the devotional.  I think of him everyday and miss him more than I thought possible.

When my Grandma passed away I told him that if he ever needed help with the dogs that I would be there.  It was hard for him but he never wanted to give them up because they were her precious little things and he cared for them too.  As I was driving to his house that morning I didn't even think twice about the fact that I would bring the dogs with me when I came home that day.  The girls have LOVED having Chrissy and Angel join our family and believe me those dogs are very spoiled now!  We will take care of these dogs for my grandparents and I know they are smiling down from heaven...together!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

first word

tooth or a ham?

Fantasy Football