Easter
Easter was great again this year -- a little cold and wet but we still had fun! The girls loved dying eggs and think I should have bought way more eggs than I did because it ended too quickly. haha!
We celebrated with both sides of the family as usual this year but it was a bit different because Whitney discovered that the Easter Bunny, Santa, etc., is not real. Its been a long time coming with her though. She started asking a few months back about the logistics of things and then started to really get bothered by the fact that I was being so vague. I didn't really know what to say and tried to change the subject but she just wasn't having it.
Eventually, on the way home from Easter with the Skeldons on the day before Easter, she broke down crying and was begging for us to tell her the truth. I was a nervous wreck because I wasn't sure what the right thing to do was but in the end she was okay with it. She cried initially when she heard the words but then was totally over it. She said it felt better knowing because it was bothering her. Later that evening, after Meredith went to bed, Whitney was able to help me stuff the Easter eggs for the next day and I think that made her feel really special.
While hiding in my closet with me stuffing the eggs, she wanted to know where her baby teeth were and she got the BIGGEST kick out of me keeping her teeth and all the notes she wrote to the tooth fairy. She is one smart and resilient girl. :)
Comments
Post a Comment