New Interests

Whit changes everyday before our eyes.  We knew it would happen but it is just amazing to see.  This stage in her life is so much fun, she is so verbal and just enjoys playing and having fun with us...we better take advantage of while it lasts huh:)

Her new favorite things to do are:

1.Playing at the park of course

2. Taking care of her plants/tomatoes

3. Coloring with markers

4. Riding her bike

5. Playing the piano (or as she calls it the compiano)

6. She also loves being teacher and having "meetings" with mamaw ;)

7.  But the thing she LOVES doing right now is playing doctor.  Probably due to the fact that she loves the show Doc McStuffins but also because its her favorite thing to do with Daddy when he is home.

Played a letter "game" with this little smartie and she knew 12 letters!!!  Amazing to think that some of my kindergarten students came in knowing less then that!!!

And last she is certainly into tell us how she feels exactly at that moment.  We love that she is expressive but our next objective is to work on "filtering" out the not so nice things.  For example, one day I picked her up from spending the day with Mamaw and she was not happy.  She told me that she was angry and she was not going to be nice to me.  ;) ouch.

Another, I told her how much I loved her and that I am so thankful I get to spend my days with her.  To which she replys, "Yea but I really like spending my days with Daddy." 

Last one, she was upset tonight about having to do bath time with me because Daddy had a meeting.  She somehow forgets that for the first year of her life, I was the one giving her a bath but nope all about daddy (which is fine;) But while bathing her she says, "Mommy I am trying to be patient but this is NOT good!!"

We certainly have our battles with her and we try to choose carefully what we "care" about and what we don't.  She wears ear muffs to tumble bees and un-matching shoes but those things are small to me...I am not touching those!  She is trying us on everything though.  Time for bath, NO!  You need to get your dinner, NO!  You need to get your clothes on before we leave, NO I WILL NOT DO THAT!!!

One battle we choose to fight is dinnertime.  She is becoming less fond of eating merely because she wants to be playing outside every second!!!  The other night she told me she was done and was getting down from the table and I of course said that she needed to finish her dinner first.  This started at seven minute battle that made me laugh and cry....haha seven minutes can be a long time when you are in a standstill with a toddler.  I eventaully tried the tactic that I used on all of my kindergarten kids, which is state my plan of action (in simple words of course) and ignore/dont communicate for about a minute to see if they make the choice on their own.  Sure enough she took the bait and after the grueling 60 seconds she said, "Ok mommy I will eat these pieces of chicken if you will give me a cookie after..."  

works for me:)













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

first word

tooth or a ham?

Fantasy Football