Reds Game and Spring time weather!


We are loving this warmer weather and have been outside so much.  Unfortunately for us, Whitney and I have terrible spring allergies :((( so we are outside but with a box of tissues with us at all times!!  We are hoping that the rain storm coming tonight will be strong enough to get rid of the pollen that is flying all around us!!

It is amazing to me how much Whit has grown since last summer.  She used to need me close by in case she was unsteady....she tripped a lot because she isn't always super coordinated, she wanted me to play with her no matter who was around, she never left the front yard and rarely talked to our neighbors.  Flash to this summer and she is the total opposite.  She is running all over the cul-de-sac with her friends playing kick ball, house, writing with chalk, playing in the sand and basketball.  Brings tears to my eyes sometimes to see how much she has grown up!  These neighborhood kids are so sweet with her, most are the third and fourth grade and they are so careful around her and really love playing with her.  I do however feel that I am going to have to step in some this summer with one of the girls that tries to push the limits, even when I ask her not to do something.  Tricky situation because none of the other parents are ever over, just me and Whit playing with the kids so it puts me in the spot to take care of things if it isn't safe for Whitney....feel like Im on recess again at school haha:)





Above are some pictures of the girls (and sometimes boys) that play with Whitney.


Whit and I have had several picnics at the park.  Its going to be a fun summer, I can already tell!


This little stinker knows how to get her stool and unlock the door...even when I tell her its not time to go out yet...haha:)


Coloring on the windows (thanks to our neighbor priscilla) on one of the chilly days this spring.


We had our first grill out with corn on the cob.  Whitney didn't try it last year, I always cut it off for her, but she LOVES it.  Ryan says that she even eats more of the corn off of the cob then I do:)


Visiting GG and Gramps :)


Whitney wasn't too happy about this but the girls wanted to use our driveway to play four square.  Whitney and I were the line judges..haha she took this for about a minute before trying to join the game.


Daddy and Whitney had their first run together to the park, she was in heaven of course!

Ryan got tickets from his work to the Reds game and we were SO excited to take Whit.  Last year she went once and absolutely loved it, so we knew she would like it again this year.  We invited Uncle Jay and her cousin JJ to come along as well.  

She did so well, ate snacks the whole time of course....so thankful we can bring the snacks into the ballpark or else that would have been an expensive night!  Whitney cheered on her favorite player, Joey Votto, and loved watching the fire after each strike out.  She was in luck because that particular night the Reds has 11 strike outs so she got to see a lot of fire come out of the stacks!!

Best part was that Whitney and JJ got on the jumbo tron several times.  I was even lucky enough to catch a picture with my camera!!!!!

Unfortunately you cannot see it as well I would like -- on my phone I could zoom in better but there they are!!!


Running the bases!


Her and JJ sitting in a base together.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

first word

tooth or a ham?

Fantasy Football