New Favorites

Whitney's personality is developing each day and she makes us laugh at all of the silly things she comes up with!!  She also has such an imagination and more energy then I know what to do with haha:)  Here are some of her favorites this summer:



Playing playdoh and sitting in her "special" chair.  Her high chair is no more and she loves it!!


Playing with purses.  She is very into dress up and loves hiding things in purses.  We ask her, "where are you going?" when she puts on her purse and love hearing her random answers:)


She loves going to the pet store to look at the fish and other animals.  She could stay there forever...except for the dog grooming area, she is not quite sure about all of that hair falling on the ground and the fact that nobody stops to clean it up.


"SHOW ME"  this started when she came running into the kitchen saying, "mommy SOMETHING HAPPENED!!!" and I replied, "show me".  Ever since then when Whitney does something she thinks she needs us to see, she runs to us and says, "SHOW ME!!!"  You cannot tell her to hang on, you must come right away and sometimes she wont even tell you what it is you are looking for haha:)  Tooo funny!  This one is obviously Joey (her barbie) falling out of the castle!


She loves finding bows and other accessories around the house to put on.  She goes to the fire place (the only "mirror" she can see herself in that room), looks at herself and says, "boosh-able!!!


While at my moms house we found my old barbies, and in that box were about fifty girl barbies and three men; wouldnt you know that Whit chose the guys and has become obsessed with them.  For those of you that you have not met her "new friends" that is Zach Morris from Saved by the Bell and Joey McIntire from New kids on the Block.  She takes them everyone and loves to play with them.  This particular evening she decided she was going to sit together with them all over the house.  She never stood up, but rather scooted all over the main floor placing them in random spots and then squeezing in next to them:)

Oh and yes, Joey does have masking tape on his body.  He is old and apparently not durable!!  I had my hands full one day and threw him up the top of the stairs so we could retrieve him when we were up there. Sadly when we got to Joey, his legs were on one side of the hallway and his body on the other.  The poor look on Whitney's face was priceless as she yelled, "OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS!!!"


She is back into books again.  And my goodness does she love them.  Today we spent probably a total of three hours looking at books.  She recites Brown Bear as she is walking around the house and just loves to read!!  Makes momma proud.

On this day Whitney and I had read this particular book about 10 times when I said okay, you tell me what happened.  So I turned the pages while prompting her and she RETOLD the story.  Honest!  I could not believe it.  She did better then some of my former kindergarten students.  I was shocked!!

I also love how she "gets" the Brown Bear books.  She will walk around the house saying, "Whitney Whitney what do you see?  I see a birdie looking at me.  Birdie Birdie what do you see....."
She amazes me!


Jenny gave us the wonderful toy because her girls are too big for it now and Whit loves it.  She is like a Mexican jumping bean.  In our basement she has all of her stuffed animals lined up on the couch so that they can watch her as she jumps!!


Reading another book but this cracks me up:  When she sees animals or babies that she thinks are so cute she wants to cuddle them.  So she makes an "awwww" sound and literally puts her face to the book and cuddles it.. hahahahha:)


And last but not least she is very into letters.  Everywhere we go she finds "ABC's" and recognizes letters.  We were at Walmart and she said, "W for Whitney!"
I was on the computer in the basement and she went over to a puzzle I brought home from school and said "Double Whitney".  Sure enough I turned around to see that she found the upper and lower case W's from the puzzle!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

first word

tooth or a ham?

Fantasy Football