Gotta Love Three Day Weekends!
This three day weekend was exactly what we needed!! Whitney made Ryan and I smile so much that we feel recharged and ready for the work week...well kinda haha:) I am not sure you can ever quite be "ready" to go back!!
We played at the park, watched Grandma and Papaw's dogs, ate some good food, visited with Gammy and Papaw, saw Whit stand a lot this weekend and sadly said goodbye to our cat Roxy....
We have been looking for a home for Roxy for the past year or so and just have had no luck. So when my friend mentioned a family that might be interested we jumped at the chance to meet them. Roxy is a special cat that we've nursed back to health several times. She is needy and not the easiest pet to get along with but I honestly love her and wanted nothing for her but the best. With Whitney running around, finishing our basement and Ryan's allergies to her (yes all of these years hes put up with it) we felt it was best to find her a new home that would make her happier. I cried all week but was ready for the family to come over and meet her, but did not by any means think she was leaving that day. Ryan tried to prepare me because I think he somehow knew but I was sure they were just coming to "see how their son got along with her" and we would talk later.
You can imagine my surprise when we opened the door and their eight year old son was holding a cat carrier already running towards her trying to put her in!!!! Good news is that I kept composure until they left, bad news is that when I went down to grab a toy for her, they put her in the carrier and I didn't even get to say bye....
Needless to say I was a mess all afternoon and even scared Whitney because I am not sure she has seen me that upset. Ugh...how I wish I knew if she was okay and that we made the right decision....Poor Whitney is going to have to put up with me crying every time she points and asks for "ra ra"....
One crazy thing that happened with all of this is that the little boy who has Roxy now, is a former student of Elaine's and she said she can attest to the fact that hey are a good family and that the little boy will take good care of Roxy. So, although it was a tough afternoon, we hope that Roxy will be happier in her new home and I am reminded again just how thankful I am for Whitney's laughs and hugs. What would I do without her:)
Walking to the swings!
We are lucky to have the school in our backyard so we could walk to the park and it was a cold day so we were glad to be able to have a short walk back home. Although the equipment is for older kids, it is still neat to see her sit on the swings with daddy!!
She started out calling the dogs Tucker and Bubba (the dog's name at the babysitters house) but learned their names and now repeats "Mackie" for Maggie and "Letty" for Lexie. Shes going to be sad tomorrow when they go home and we have ZERO pets in the house... Don't get any ideas Ryan!!!
Whitney was entertained for way too long by the eggs I got out of the dollar bin while at Target. She enjoys sitting in her chair, putting the eggs behind her, throwing them on the ground and repeating...haha:)
Whitney drank water out of a big girl cup for the first time today!! We were at Cracker Barrell and I forgot a sippy cup so I thought we would try this and she did great!! She felt so special!!! We have a similar cup at home so I thought I would bust out the milk in a cup trick again but it wasn't so great for her....haha. We will keep trying but I think she is going to make us use the bottle for as long as she can!!


Comments
Post a Comment