Festival of Lights
Ryan and I haven't been to the zoo in ages; so when our friends, the Santoro's, invited us to check out the Festival of Lights with them tonight, we were excited!
Whitney said "wow" and "oooooh" about a million times and once Will woke up (haha) he had his head tilted upwards checking out all of the flashing lights. We had to skip several of the houses because of Betsy and Ryan's fears of reptiles/birds, even though they were all caged! :) (sorry Betsy I had to lump you in there so it doesn't look like its all Ryan) but we did end up seeing some animals. Whitney and I were the only brave ones to venture towards a lizard and believe it or not she actually went "pat, pat, pat" on its back!! Daddy watched us from afar but soon he will have to "pretend" to like those reptiles so Whitney doesn't start to think they are scary too!!
Perhaps it is because one day this week was close to sixty degrees but tonight felt extra cold. We had two hats on Whit, gloves, a sweater and coat, plus a blanket but the poor thing was still cold!! I guess that is what you get in late December. Next time I will make sure to triple layer but maybe next year she will be running around and not riding along which will keep her warm in itself!!
Before leaving we ran into two characters, Big Boy and the Gingerbread Girl. Whit had no idea what to think of this large stuffed animal. She did not wave back and gave it a sort of frown that she used to have on her face in earlier months of her life. I think it is safe to say that she was not too thrilled with the Big Boy...haha and it does not give me much hope for when we meet Santa!!!
Below are some pictures from our fun evening:
Whitney said "wow" and "oooooh" about a million times and once Will woke up (haha) he had his head tilted upwards checking out all of the flashing lights. We had to skip several of the houses because of Betsy and Ryan's fears of reptiles/birds, even though they were all caged! :) (sorry Betsy I had to lump you in there so it doesn't look like its all Ryan) but we did end up seeing some animals. Whitney and I were the only brave ones to venture towards a lizard and believe it or not she actually went "pat, pat, pat" on its back!! Daddy watched us from afar but soon he will have to "pretend" to like those reptiles so Whitney doesn't start to think they are scary too!!
Perhaps it is because one day this week was close to sixty degrees but tonight felt extra cold. We had two hats on Whit, gloves, a sweater and coat, plus a blanket but the poor thing was still cold!! I guess that is what you get in late December. Next time I will make sure to triple layer but maybe next year she will be running around and not riding along which will keep her warm in itself!!
Before leaving we ran into two characters, Big Boy and the Gingerbread Girl. Whit had no idea what to think of this large stuffed animal. She did not wave back and gave it a sort of frown that she used to have on her face in earlier months of her life. I think it is safe to say that she was not too thrilled with the Big Boy...haha and it does not give me much hope for when we meet Santa!!!
Below are some pictures from our fun evening:
Whitney didnt mind the gingerbread man too much because he really didnt get close to her:)
On our way into the Zoo, she loved the lights!!
At this point Whitney was so tired we decided to take the picture of her profile!!
Betsy, Will, Ryan, and Whitney
This one is a little better but she still isn't happy:)
Family <3
The moms with their babies...notice Will looking straight up at the lights
So cute and still loving the lights!
Waiting for the train to come by
Waving to the train
Daddy and Whit











Comments
Post a Comment