Meredith 9 months
Mere is an eater. She LOVES food. There hasn't been anything she wont eat, including things she finds on the floor or outside... :).
She currently loves:
pureed food (apples, bananas, pears, blueberries, pears, peaches, prunes, applesauce, green beans, peas, corn, squash, sweet potatoes, zucchini, spinach)
Solid food (bread, sweet potatoes, crackers, pretzels, veggie straws, apples, bananas, green beans, noddles, cheese, blueberries, turkey.....)
Really ANYTHING she can eat hahaha!
She is crawling all over the place. She loves exploring and making her way to the shoe room (our mud room) I think she likes it because we aren't ever in there and we probably act very surprised every time we find her in there!
Meredith is very quiet, slow to smile around strangers and wants her mommy -- just like Whitney, but at home she is a ball of energy! She smiles and laughs at all of us, gives hugs and kisses and loves to cuddle! She can wave and does so to every passing car on our walks. She holds her hands above her head for hooray -- and will even crawl away, turn back with one arm raised waiting for you to say HOORAY for her...She will grunt at you until you do it, smile then go on about her crawling! Mere loves to clap, give high fives, goes wherever Whitney does, and puts everything in her mouth!
She loves being outside swinging or riding in her pink push car. She desperately wants to get down and explore but the concrete is hard and the grass has been super wet as of yet. I bet she will love it this summer though! Meredith also loves to play the piano. She plays with her hands, toes and even loves to push the foot pedals for fun:) Whenever she is really upset, Ryan will play for her and she settles right down1
Meredith has two bottom teeth and the two middle top teeth are about to pop through! She still doesn't sleep through the night and hates taking naps too. The doctor told me today that some kids just really don't like sleeping and you can't really make them like it. She will eventually get the hang of it but until then we will be tired. Whitney was the same, definitely not as bad, but she didn't nap well and went in spurts at night with sleeping troubles. Ugh, I know this will pass and I will barely remember but let me tell you this.... it has been a LONG 9 months of no sleep and I will be glad when I can feel energized, even a tad bit when I wake in the morning.
Meredith knew exactly where we were when we walked through the doors of the doctors office. That isn't a good sign but understandable since we have been there so much with her over the past nine months. She is a tough cookie to figure out but we love her all the same! I need to go back and count but I think I've taken her in to have her ears checked at least 10 times because she was so hysterical at night.....well turns out she just really hates to sleep!
She weighs 20 lbs 9 ounces and is 28 inches long. Her head circumference, I cannot quite remember the exact number, is off the charts! Mere dropped down to the 75% for weight and stayed in the 50% for height. Doctor isn't concerned about her weight but contributes it the fact that she hasn't been well the past few months (with a cold, stomach issues, teething and another cold) and is moving around so much!
We are going to stop the Protonix, the medicine for her acid reflux, to see how she does. Most kids are able to stop meds around 9 months and are fine, that is how Whitney was, so I am hoping the same for Meredith. I am not positive it will be that easy though because she still spits up and I can hear her reflux from time to time. I guess we will see though.
Can't believe this little bundle of joy is 9 months old already. We cannot imagine our lives without her and look forward to a fun summer!!!
Comments
Post a Comment