sickness and cabin fever

We had an unfortunate bout with a nasty virus that got every one of us.  Ryan got it first and took a day off of work and it wasn't two days later that Whitney started with the same symptoms.  I took Whitney to the doctor for a medicine check for her allergies (and it just so happened that she started coughing and feeling yucky that day....) and poor girl had a double ear infection!?!?!?!  Shes never been one to have any symptoms with her ear problems so we are lucky it was caught early.  She was down and out sick for about three days.  Missed school for the week including her Valentines day party which was hard.  She finally started turning the corner and then Meredith got it.  I took her to the doctor on Sunday morning (thankfully we have a great Dr. that has sick appointments on Sundays) and come to find out she had a double ear infection and the start of pneumonia.  The week following that doctor appointment was the hardest of my life.  I have never had so little sleep and to top it all of, I got sick too.  Poor Meredith was coughing so hard she couldn't sleep so I had to sleep with her propped up which resulted in very little sleep for both of us.  I ended up taking her to the doctor for a recheck and everything was looking a lot better thanks to the medicine, which made all of us breath a sigh of relief to know that she wasn't in danger anymore.

We all seem to be healthy now and are totally ready for some warm weather and outside play time!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

first word

tooth or a ham?

Fantasy Football