Induction Day
Friday, July 18 at 4:00 A.M. I was set to be induced at Bethesda North.
I got a little emotional when my mom came to pick up Whitney and take her back to their house to stay while we were at the hospital. I haven't been too crazy about adding another child but something about this "last day" just made me want to keep her here and not let go! I don't like change one bit..... haha, can you tell???She of course was super excited to be spending the night and didn't even bat an eye when I asked for a few more hugs then usual as she left.
So Ryan and I spent our last night getting things in order and going to bed early for our 3:00 AM wake up call. I did not sleep. Surprise, surprise. I didn't sleep when I was induced with Whitney either (it was the same time in the morning with her too....) so when the alarm went off, I was ready to go get this show on the road. We get dressed, brushed our teeth and then hear my phone ring....
The hospital called to say that there were absolutely no rooms available and that they needed to postpone my induction. She said, "Im sorry, maybe you can go back to bed....and we will call you when there is an opening." Haha seriously? I must have been super mad because I haven't felt contractions for a few days and when Ryan went back to bed I sat on the couch timing my contractions for just about an hour. They were 5-6 minutes apart. The whole time I am thinking....ok they have no room but Im about to go into labor and need to be there. Lo and Behold they stopped and there I was still angry/frustrated/disappointed with only an hour of sleep.......
Ryan luckily went back to sleep and when he woke at 8:00 I was still wide awake sitting on the couch feeling upset. THEN I started to think....ok nobody has called me back. What do I do with Whitney? Do we waste a day off for Ryan just to sit here? So I called the hospital and they seemed to think it would be next week when they could schedule me in....hahaha oh my talk about being emotional.
I know, I know, look at it positively and try to understand there is a reason why it is happening....blah. Dont say that to a lady who one, hates change; two, is 9 months pregnant and extremely uncomfortable; and 3 had her heart set on meeting her baby girl that day. Not an easy pill to swallow.....
So I start thinking some more and realize that if I do have to wait until next week, I have not been seen by my OB in over a week already and don't really feel comfortable waiting even longer.......
My OB basically said that they don't know what they are going to do with me and that their scheduling person is not in the office yet so I need to wait even longer.....
Finally around noon I get a call and they say that is isn't going to happen today but they can offer me 4 AM for the following morning, Saturday the 19th. Ugh. I just spent the last night not sleeping and now I have to do it again....not to mention be away from Whitney one more day/night :(
But what could I do? I accepted and pray that things are different tonight. I am ready (I think) and want to start this new phase in our lives.
Hopefully I will be updating this blog with a picture of Keeba and not another crazy story.......
Comments
Post a Comment