Where is she?
For two and a half years, Whitney has been close by, never in a room alone for too long and never on a separate level of our house then me or Ryan. Not because we make this happen but because this is what she likes. She will play alone (for short periods of time) in the same room as us but never alone.
I hear moms talk all the time about how their child will play and play by themselves and wonder to myself what is going on?? Its not for lack of trying, that's for sure, I try to encourage independent play but for some reason she has always needed us in close proximity. She will even go as far as to tell me how lonely she is when I am cooking dinner and she is in the living room not even 10 feet away.
SO imagine my surprise when this week she started asking if she could go down in the basement while I am finishing up the dishes or cooking dinner. She can finally reach the lights so that is a plus, and she seems super interested in her doll house which has been making her want to play down there a lot on these nice nice days.
Today I was fixing lunch when she said, "cya mom, Im going to play down here."
And she didn't even look back, just went down, turned on the lights and played quietly. I think she was down there for a good 15 minutes before I called her up for lunch and was so so proud. Its not that I don't want her around because that doesn't bother me at all, I just want her to feel comfortable away from me.
Yay for small steps:)
zz
cxxzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxuuytrewwqqpoiuyttreepoiuytrewqqvvcxxxzzxxxxxxxzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Comments
Post a Comment